“Manners Maketh Man” – when it comes to our online network, we tend to chalk out basic areas of etiquettes – Netiquettes.
The digital revolution especially with the advancement of smart gadgets and touch technologies has changed the way kids consume education, information, entertainment through Internet. This new online environment presents a whole world of known and unknown risks and dangers. How can you ensure to keep your kids well protected against the risky side of the Internet? NetGenie helps you with the basic Netiquettes for you and your kids:
• Be Familiar with the online world; devour all jargons of the Internet lingo.
• When it comes to utmost surfing freedom on Internet, identify what is appropriate and legal for kids.
• Explain potent Internet risks and their bitter consequences to your kids.
• Establish certain set of house rules to cultivate good cyber habits.
• The MOST important of all is to maintain open communication with your kids.
• It’s Personal: Guide them to adjust privacy setting to keep personal information, personal.
• Strangers Stay Away: Ask them to Keep Strangers out of their online and offline world.
• My Password Strongest: Creating strong passwords will help kids to secure their Internet surfing from hackers and intruders.
• The Clock is ticking: Maintain a certain time table for cyber activities, not hindering their physical and academic schedule.
• Don’t Know, Don’t Click: Unknown content can be dangerous for the devices and users alike. Ask kids to stay away from harmful content.
• Install Parental Controls and Security Software: Kids can be protected by parental control and security software. Install them!
• You can Make the Difference! As a parent, arise and awake to the dangers of Internet and save your kid from becoming an Internet Addict.
Protect your kids from the evils of Internet: Log on to www.netgenie.net