Got yourself a Mediacom connection lately, but having a hard time accessing the Mediacom router? This guide has got you covered. Mediacom is one of the prominent and widespread network service providers in the United States, where the company operates in around 22 states to small businesses and households. Generally, when the users opt to rent/purchase the router or modem at the time of connection, Mediacom technicians offer all the setup along with the compatible equipment. So, there they are, sorted out with all the settings.
Nonetheless, some users choose to do DIY and get their router, so all the onus falls on them. And, things start to turn out somewhat tricky when accessing the login page as they could not find Mediacom router default login and password to access the setting of the router; until they figure out how easy and quick it is to do so.
Therefore, to assist you with this, here we have shared the most simple and quick steps on how to manage your router with the use of Mediacom Home Network Manager software. No matter if you are a tech geek or a newbie, you can perform various configurations in the router including, change the WiFi network name/password, set up port forwarding for devices, change DHCP server settings, set up a firewall, and other router settings for home or office network by using the following action.
How to Find the IP Addresses on Windows And Mac?
Basically, there are two types of IP addresses found, public/ external IP addresses and private/ internal IP addresses. The public address provided by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) is how the internet identifies your network. And, the device within your local network, such as computers, smartphones, etc. operates on a unique private IP address that is usually assigned by the router on your internal network.
As mentioned above, these addresses are what your internet service provider (ISP) assigns. They are more of a public-facing address of a house or building. Once you move to a different network, the public IP address also changes. These are the most stressed about addresses that one needs to keep protected in the wake to keep oneself from falling into the trap of hacking.
Steps for Finding IP Address for Windows
- Start Command Prompt on your computer. For this, click on the Win + R button and then type cmd. Press Enter to continue the process.
- Once you perform the above step, a popup will appear. On that window, type ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway”
- Press the Enter button, and your IP will appear on your screen.
- Click on the ‘start button’ to open the ‘Control Panel’.
- Then, the control panel window will open up where you have to click on the “Network and Sharing Center” icon.
- Now, in the ‘view your active networks’ section, click on the blue link (name of your connection) next to the ‘connections’.
- A small window will pop up, then click on the “Details” button.
- Another window will open up where you can find your router IP address, named “IPv4 Default Gateway.”
Steps for Finding IP Address for Mac
- Start by going to Finder >> Application >> Utilities >> Terminal to open Terminal Window.
- Now, type this command: netstat -nr | grep default on the blank space.
- Once you do this, your screen will display the IP address.
- Click the “Apple” menu on the top bar of your screen and select “System Preferences”.
- Once the “System Preference” window opens up, click on the “Network” icon.
- After the window opens, select your network connection either from Wifi or wired connection, and click on the “Advanced” button present at the bottom right of the screen.
Steps to Login Mediacom Router Page
It is one of the simplest phases of all. You can access the router in two ways. First by accessing Mediacom Home Network Manager (website) and the other one is by using the router IP address, which can be found either on the backside of the router or by following the steps mentioned above.
Prerequisites before accessing the MediaCom Router Login Page
- Power on the router
- The Mediacom router should be connected to either LAN or WIFI.
Steps to be followed:
How to Reset the Mediacom Router Default Login Credentials?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
One can perform the following functions in Mediacom Home Network Manager.
- Set and administer the network.
- Manage or change the WIFI password
- Set Port Forwarding for popular multiplayer games, media devices, and messaging applications.
As such, the Mediacom router default login credentials are admin or cusadmin, same for both ID and password. But, in case if you have forgotten the reset Passphrase or password, click on the ‘Forgot your Passphrase?’ button, which will require you to enter the email address that you have used to set up the account. Once you do it, you will receive mail with a new passphrase to that email address. You can again reset that password after logging in to your account.
Yes, you can. Go through the following steps to change the username.
- Log in to your Mediacom router login page by visiting homewifi.mediacomcable.com
- Once logged in, go to Wi-Fi under My Wireless Network.
- Enter your desired username in the SSID field to edit your username and click on the Save button to save your settings.
You can connect as many devices as you wish. However, the performance might noticeably decrease with the additional device. You will be able to connect as much as three to five devices to the same wireless connection without experiencing a noticeable decrease in network responsiveness.
If you are facing this issue, you can resolve it by restarting your router. Once you restart your router, the system will get back to the default factory settings. After that, you can log in to the router with the Mediacom router default login username and password and again do the configurations. Remember, you have to do all the configuration again after you do the reset, so always make sure to have a backup of the previous setting.
For resetting the Mediacom router, here are the following steps you have to follow.
Step 1: Turn on your router
Step 2: Find the reset button which is usually present at the backside of the router.
Step 3: Press the button using a pin or a pen nib for approx. 10-15 sec., and then release the button.
Step 4: And, once you find router rebooting, do the configurations again to use the internet.
Port forwarding is a method that is used to allow external devices to access computer services on private networks. The port forwarding maps an external port to an internal IP address and port. Most of the online gaming applications require you to configure port forwarding on your home router.