Motorola has been a significant part of the tech industry for more than twenty years now. While the company is most popularly known for their high-end mobile phones and speakers, their routers are also notably good. With more and more people seeking wireless internet at home, the necessity for quality routers is also increasing.
Routers specifically designed for private networks are ideal to manage your home connection. This is a niche where Motorola has grasped with affordable but superior quality routers and modems.
Like any other router, they have to be set up with an internet connection and then the settings have to be tweaked accordingly. After you get the router for the first time, usually a professional representative from the brand helps with the setup process. But over time, you may require assistance for minor technical issues.
From checking the internet disruption at odd hours to updating the password frequently- all these become easier when you learn the setup process. Moreover, if you master the management of the router thoroughly, all minor technical troubles can be resolved quickly. The key is to master the Motorola router access.
Here we have shared the process in detail along with troubleshooting methods and password changing techniques. Read on to find out how you can manage your router and enjoy high-speed internet round the clock.
How to Log into Motorola Router?
You can easily log in to the Motorola router using the Motorola username and password. It will be there for the device on a sticker at the back. This is called the SSID and the password. Apart from that, you can also use default IP addresses. But before you start the setup process, here are a few things that must be ensured:
- The internet connection should be stable and has moderately high speed. Also, it should be the same connection that you are trying to set up on the wireless device.
- If you are using ethernet to connect to the internet, make sure the cable is in a functional state. If there is any defect with the cable, you cannot connect to the internet at all. The same applies to the ethernet port, in case it is faulty. You can easily find out whether either of them has a defect by using a new ethernet cable. If the connectivity trouble persists, there is a problem with the ethernet port. You need to fix it or use a different port.
- Keep the browser updated if it is a very old version. This can cause compatibility issues with the web portal. The most recommended browsers for the setup are Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Lastly, the IP address should be correctly put into the search bar of the browser. Make sure there is no added space or character.
Now you can start the setup process once all these have been sorted:
- Open the browser of your choice and enter the IP address in the search bar and press Enter.
- The log in or registration page for the router’s web portal will open. Enter the username and password in the respective field and then click on Enter.
- The web portal of the router will open. All kinds of changes with the settings can be done from here. You can change the password or tweak the internet settings for better connectivity- all are possible from this interface.
- Troubleshooting is also possible from this page. Once the changes have been made correctly as per your requirement, remember to save the changes.
- Restart the client device after this so that the changes are effective from that time forth.
- Do note, if you have updated incompatible internet settings from here, you will face connectivity issues. In case you are unsure about the connection type, you can always consult the ISP.
Often users are unable to find the IP address of the device in case the sticker is old or has been rubbed off. In those cases, you can easily find it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the windows search bar and enter cmd and press enter. The windows command prompt will open.
- Now enter ‘ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway”’ and then click on enter.
- The IP address will show up on your device screen within a few seconds.
- Open the terminal window. To do this go to Finder>Application>Utilities> Terminal.
- Type netstat -nr | grep default and then click on enter.
- The IP address will promptly come up on the screen.
However, the technical process does not end here. Imagine the internet connection is disrupted all of a sudden or you get a virus alert on the client device. In such a situation, basic knowledge of the troubleshooting methods will help. In the next section, we have shared some of the troubles and solutions that must be mastered while you are learning how to access Motorola routers.
Troubleshooting the Motorola Router:
If you are dealing with any machine or technology, it is quite natural to face some problem once in a while. Just like that it is quite common to face trouble while accessing your router, however sure you are about the connectivity of the router you still may face some problem accessing your account.
Below I have listed some of the most common reasons why we face troubleshooting our device and if you know the exact reason behind the problem it will be easier for you to avoid it in the future.
- Slow Internet:
Unsteady internet connection is one of the prime reasons why you face difficulty while accessing your account. While setting up your router for the first time it is important to make sure you have a steady source of internet connection. If your network is poor, you will face difficulty while setting up the admin panel of your router. Also, there will be trouble accessing a new page as it will never load due to poor internet.
- Hardware Check:
This is a very common troubleshooting problem that many of us forget to check on. If you are facing troubleshooting the Motorola Router first thing you should check is the hardware connectivity. Your Ethernet cable may be loose or the wires connected to the power outlet may be disrupted. Check all these problems before firing up your computer.
- Virus and Malware Files:
A virus is the biggest threat to our computer, you may face troubleshooting your router for this very reason. A malware file or a virus can easily disrupt the speed of your internet and as a result, it will be impossible to get access to your router.
Now that you know clearly how to manage the Motorola login and the technical issues related to it, let us learn about updating and changing passwords. This is the basic security to your router which makes it the most effective barrier against hacking.
How To Reset The Password Of Logins?
Managing Motorola router passwords can be done through the web portal of the router. This is the basic security to ensure there is no unauthorized login to your device. The default password used for setting up the router must be changed as soon as possible so that your network is not vulnerable to any threat. Besides this, the password must be updated from time to time to prevent hacking as well. The following are the steps to reset your password as required:
- First, you must log in to your router interface using the default username and password.
- Once you do so, choose the advanced option from the main menu.
- In the next window look up and open status and security. Here you will find the option to change the password.
- Enter the old password, the new password and its confirmation in the designated fields. Choose a complicated password that cannot be predicted easily.
- Once you have created a satisfactory password, apply and then save the changes. DO note, you cannot use special characters to create the Motorola username and password.
Next time you are trying to log in, the new username and password must be used. Do note, after both have been updated, you will have to reconnect the client devices to the network once more with the new settings.
In case you forget the password and username, force resetting the device is the only available option. Her following are the steps to do so:
- The reset button is there at the backside of the router. It is small, red and slightly hidden compared to other buttons and ports.
- Using a sharp and thin object, press and hold down the button for 10-15 seconds. All the LED indicators will go off.
- The router will start resetting on its own after this. This can take as long as 10-15 minutes. Once all the LED lights are solid green or blue and stop blinking, you need to set up the internet connection once more.
- The router will be back to its factory reset state which means the network has to be connected with the clients’ devices again as it will forget them.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I find my Motorola router username and password?
Initially, when you are trying to access your router admin page you will need a username and password. You will either find the default username and password of your device printed on a sticker on your router or you will find it in the user guide provided with your device. Once you successfully log in to your admin panel using the default credential you can change the default password and set a new password of your liking.
- How do I reset my Motorola username and password?
You would need to reset your username and password if you have forgotten your old credentials. In that case, you have to find the reset button on the back of your device and with the help of a sharp object press hold on the reset button for ten seconds till the green light goes off.
Before resetting your router, you need to remember that all the old settings and changes you made on your device will be removed completely and your router will be back to its factory settings. So once your device restarts after resetting you can use your old default password to login into your admin panel, and then you can easily change your router setting from the admin home page.
- Is a router password the same as a WiFi password?
No, a router password helps in accessing the router admin page whereas the WiFi password is used by a guest who needs to get access to the router for a short time
- What is the default password for the Motorola router?
The default password for a Motorola router is admin and the password is Motorola. You can find this password printed on your Motorola router and also in the guidebook.
- Why is my Motorola router not working?
There can be several reasons behind your failed attempt to get your Motorola router access, and to solve this problem you can try:
- Reset the router.
- Check on the internet speed
- Unplug your power cords and plug them in again
- Check for any malware functioning.
The Motorola login is simple and user-friendly. If you master it thoroughly, managing the router will become much easier. In certain cases, if the issues persist the best solution would be to get in touch with your ISP. In case of hardware trouble with the router, you can always seek support from the manufacturer by mailing their support team.
However, most of the technical issues with the router as well as the internet connection can be quickly and effectively sorted through the Motorola router access. You can enjoy the uninterrupted internet service round the clock when you can independently sort out the troubles anytime you need. When you can manage basic technical issues without the help of professionals, you also get to know your home system well to improve its overall management.