If you have bought a brand new TP-Link router and have been looking to install & configure it, well you can follow the TP-Link Login Guide we have created with every info that you might need. The entire process is super easy and hardly takes any time to set everything up so that you can start using your internet connection on your devices.
TP-Link is known to be one of the most popular providers of Wi-Fi networking devices such as routers, modems, extenders, switches, adapters, etc. It has millions of customers from all around the world and the products are highly affordable allowing you to experience the best service. However, if you have never set up your internet connection before, things might seem a little tricky but eventually, it will fall right into track once you follow all the steps mentioned below.
Similar to any other router login, tp-link router login does follow the same procedure where you will be using some default password made available to you. Simple access to the web interface of the brand does all the job. From there you can change the password, edit the wifi name, make changes to bandwidth, restrict the devices, and a lot more other security measures.
Moreover, for starters, while you are configuring the router’s settings, it is better to make a wired connection for being on the safe side. Without wasting any more time, let us look at every piece of info we can get our hands on to set up the tp-link login.
How to find the IP addresses on Windows and Mac
Find IP Address on Windows (General Method)
There are basically two ways you can find the IP Address on Windows operating system. You can choose to go for the very basic method that is different in every version, while on the other we will be doing it using Command Prompt. So, here is how you can do it using the general method for different versions of Windows.
Below are the steps to find an IP Address on Windows Vista.
- Click on the Start button on the desktop to open the menu options.
- Right-Click on Network for Network and Sharing Center.
- Tap on Properties.
- In Wireless Network Connection, select View Status.
- Select Details, and write down the IP Address under IPv4.
- Open Menu Options by clicking on the Windows Start button on the desktop.
- Make a right-click on My Network Places.
- Click on Properties.
- Based on the connection type, select between Local Area Connection or Wireless Local Area Connection.
- Click on the Support Tab after selection.
Below are the steps to find an IP Address on Windows 8/8.1/7
- On the bottom-right of the screen, click on the Network Icon.
- Tap on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, click on Change Adapter Settings.
- If you have a wired connection select Ethernet, or else for wireless connection choose Wi-Fi.
- After the selection, tap on Details.
- Now, write the IP Address from the details.
- Tap on the Windows button on the keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Look for Network and Internet and tap on it.
- Now, select between Wi-Fi or Ethernet based on the connection type.
- Below are the details of the IP Address of your system.
Find IP Address on Windows (using Command Prompt)
- Open the Start menu on the desktop
- In the search box, type cmd, and hit ENTER.
- After the command prompt pops up on the screen enter the following command given below.
- Type ipconfig and tap on ENTER.
- You can find the IP Address of your system beside IPv4.
Find IP Address on macOS (General Method)
- On the top-left of your screen, tap on the Apple icon.
- Now, click on System Preferences.
- Tap on Networks.
- Choose the right connection. For wired connection click on Ethernet. Write down the mentioned IP Address.
- For wireless connection click on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on Advanced and click on TCP/IP.
- Write the IP Address of your system.
Find IP Address on macOS (Using Terminal)
Well, here is another simple method you can go with. This requires you to control the terminal that is somewhat similar to Command Prompt as seen in Windows. Surely, it is not the same thing but does have similar properties. Here is how you can do it.
- Click Space + Command on the keyboard to open Spotlight Search.
- Now, type Terminal and click ENTER.
- Once the Terminal is open you can type the following command.
- For Wireless connection, type ipconfig getifaddr en0 and hit ENTER.
- For Wired connection, type “ipconfig getifaddr en1” and hit ENTER.
- Write down the IP Address in each case.
Steps to Login
A lot of users do forget about the most important aspect that needs to be covered before you can simply head over to login. Apart from the router, you also need a good modem that you can buy from TP-Link itself. Considering the fact that you are a beginner, you can follow the steps on how to get started with the router before making changes through tp link login.
- Connect the network connection cable to the modem and switch it on to get started.
- Now, connect one end of another cable to the modem and the other to the router for a secure connection.
- Plug-in the router and the modem to the power socket and start the devices.
- Wait for a few moments for the devices to boot up.
Once the device starts, you have successfully established an internet connection that only took a few seconds. All the other details of the login will be available on the back of the router that will help you get in the tp-link router login.
To login into the TP-Link router, we have already taken the major step by installing the router and setting up the connection. Now, to access the web interface, you need to enter the default IP Address in your web browser. That will lead you to the login page of the TP-Link web interface.
You can choose from among these options http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or http://tplinklogin.net to get to the main page. Once you get there, you can simply use the login id as admin and password as admin. These are constant and set as default for any router you may choose to buy.
Once you have successfully logged in to the router, you can now change the default settings so that only you can access it in the future. Similarly, there are options to change the SSID name and password.
How to reset TP-Link Router Login Default Username and Password?
To change the default router login id and password of TP-Link, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open a web browser and type the wireless router IP Address. You can use 192.168.0.1 as the default.
- Enter the default login id and password. ID- admin/ Password- admin.
- Click on Manage.
- Tap on Access Control and head over to Password.
- Enter the old password and the new password.
- Click on Apply.
You can check the new password if it works by logging in again. If at all you forget the password you have set, there is no way to recover from it. So, you need to reset the entire system by clicking on the small reset button on the back of the router. Make a long press on the button and wait for the router to reset. From here, both the password and the ID settle back to the default ones.
How to reset TP-Link SSID name and Password?
You can also choose to reset or change the name of your Wi-Fi and the password to keep it secure. A lot of users might get access to your network if the password is shared so you can always make the changes and keep the data and network secure from outsiders or your neighbors.
- Open the web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 to log in to the TP-Link router.
- Enter the username and password of the router you have set up or the default one to get in the site.
- Tap on Wireless.
- Select Wireless Security and look for WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK.
- Enter the new password you wish to set and change the name of the Wi-Fi if needed.
- Save the changes made.
Now, the most important thing is to allow for system reboot so that the changes can be saved to the router and the new names are used over the network.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
There can be multiple reasons for such an error. The foremost option is when the credentials are wrong, that is the id and the password. If you have forgotten the credentials. You can simply reset the router and log in again using the default details provided. If there simply any other reason, all will be solved by simply doing the above.
Well, here you can either choose to reset the router by using the reset button, or else here is what you can do. Many times the wireless connection might not be the best way to log in to the router. Hence, restart your modem and router. Connect the router to your system via an Ethernet cable and try to log in again.
It depends on the type of TP-Link router you have bought for your use. Mostly the routers do need a modem to connect to the internet, however, there are certain devices with 2-in-1 capabilities that serve both as a router and a modem. Hence make sure you are clear of the device you have and read the manual likewise.
If you are looking to configure the TP-Link extender, you need to first get connected to the extender wireless connection or use an Ethernet cable from the extender to your PC. Once connected, open your web browser and open http://tplinkrepeater.net to access the range extender network.
Here is everything you need to know about the TP-Link router login and all the details you need to get access to the login page. You might face little issues if you are new to this, but we have made sure to clear out every little aspect so that you can not be stuck anywhere. Mostly, all the process involved in the configuration is as easy as anything and can be done in seconds.
Similarly, if at all you are unable to access the login page to the router or even the extender, you can always reset the router and try again. If this does not work as well, it is better to reboot the devices by restarting it from your end. Once done, you can now try using the IP Address to access the web interface to your router. Furthermore, if you feel you have any other errors or issues, do let us know in the comment section below.